So I’ve been using WordPress for over a month now. For the most part I’m happy with it. For anyone who may be considering a move, I thought I’d do a quick summary post on the pros and cons from my point of view.
- WP’s Dashboard is easier to use. It seems more intuitive to me.
- I appreciate being able to read and respond to comments from within the Dashboard.
- I like the tabbed pages option.
- I really like the cleaner look, although I’m not sure if that’s just the template I’ve chosen or an overall WP feel.
- I appreciate being able to post pictures again, although I still have no idea why I can’t view or post pictures to Blogger. Funny, that was the primary impetus for this move and yet I hardly ever post pictures. Okay, here’s a random one for your viewing pleasure:
- In addition, I wish I could add certain widgets more than once. For example, I’d like to be able to add another set of links and call it something else. WP only lets you add a links widget once. Again, probably something that can be modified in CSS but again, I don’t have time.
Overall, I’m enjoying my new digs here on WordPress very much. Perhaps I’m getting my blogging mojo (or whatever they call it) back. I feel like I’m enjoying it more anyways!