Just weird things running through my mind lately. Perhaps if I do a brain dump right here, the other thoughts will magically gel into a coherent post! It’s worth a try.
- I tend to remember the strangest things but I can’t remember song lyrics or artists to save my life. I get the first few lines and then improvise. So you can see why I really love my mp3 player!
- Things I do remember:
- phone numbers. Exasperating, but I remember phone extensions at my company since I began there as a receptionist 15 years ago.
- Order details and order numbers: this comes in handy on weekends when I need to discuss something over the phone.
- For the most part, people’s names stick in my head.
- It was easy for me to memorize scripture as a kid and I’m thankful I can still recall many scriptures and references today.
- There are two things I never fail to lose when I come home from grocery shopping: dressing mixes (i.e. Good Seasons) and kosher dill pickles – the kind you need to refrigerate. Don’t ask me how but I buy these things and can never find them. Go figure! Oh make that three – can’t find the swiss cheese I bought the other day. Hoping it isn’t hiding somewhere in my car.
- Since my trip to Phipps Conservatory with my niece last week, something has been wrong with my camera (which is really my husbands). Oops – the memory card was installed backwards.
- Nevertheless I seem to have been bitten by the shutter bug! Add basic photography and photo software to my list of things I want to learn.
- It’s that time of year again – time to put the switch my winter and spring clothes around. I always look forward to the money I will find in capris I haven’t worn in months! Makes you wonder . . . what’s in your closet?!
- After falling off the WW wagon somewhat I’ve decided to go back to the basics, which basically means I’m banning the workplace cafeteria in favor of cottage cheese, rice cakes and other exciting offerings.
- I’m not thrilled with the cat’s recent decision to “think outside” the litter box lately. What’s the deal? I’m chalking it up to old age (she’s going on 20!) She’s GOT to be on Life #9!
- I’m reading Firstlight by Sue Monk Kidd right now and really enjoying it. I set aside another highly touted memoir-type book because it just wasn’t doing anything for me. To each his own I guess – I am loving this author’s gentle reflections from her earliest days of writing.
- In honor of my ongoing dental saga, I’m once again in search of a new dentist!
Wow, my brain feels so much lighter now!