Although I generally set some goals for the new year, I wasn’t going to post any such list. Until the other day, when I realized that sharing one of my goals opened me up for some graceful accountability, and served to cement that aspiration a little more firmly in my day. So, in no particular order, for friends who I know will not hesitate to ask me how things are going, I share the following handful of things that are foremost on my mind, heading into 2010:
- Encourage the deepening of my creative potential by anchoring it in my daily life – a quote from a book I read last year that I’ve kind of latched on to. (Make creative endeavors a daily priority – I know the rest will get done!)
- Become an income-generating, professional proofreader/editor
- Time management – what’s the best use of my time now?
- Minimize trips to the grocery store and unplanned debit card use
- Move! (signed up for yoga class at a local church, call a friend once a week to walk)
- Discern and implement new organizational rhythms with lots of grace (home, etc.)
- Honor my need for time and space
I have several bullet points under each of these that I won’t bore you with. The list is printed out and hanging on my office wall, as well as copied into my daily planner. I feel like I’m more excited about these goals than in previous years, due to those little bullet points – i.e. action plans.
Remembering that we’re always a work in progress – God’s work – somehow makes goal-setting a little less intimidating. And sharing those goals with a friend or two – priceless! So feel free to share some of your goals and dreams in the comments section or let me know if you’ve done so at your blog.